FESTIVAL SEASON IS PENDING!
Hi my loves, the sun is shining (currently) you know what the British weather is like and we all know what that means💃🏾. Sun, fun, bad behaviour and good vibes is pending as summer is fast approaching. I wasn't always a big festival goer but I have definitely been going to more in recent years and having the time of my life while doing so. The best event I have ever been to is the undefeated Fresh Island Festival 2015. I know everyone thinks there holidays and holidays crews are lit (ew, I said lit) but this was legit one of the best weeks of our lives.
Please note I am referring to 2015 not 2016 because I saw it was a different vibe last year. I would of returned same way had my graduation not been on the same day. This holiday was so fun, words cannot describe, I went with my holiday cru Candy, Rayven, Rochelle and Carla.
Without further ado,
How To Do Fresh Island Festival
1. The festival will usually be 3 days mid-week, we booked our flights from Tuesday-Tuesday with the actual festival taking place from Wednesday-Friday. When it got to Saturday we realised everyone was going home and we were basically the only black foreigners left in Novalja. Do not make the same mistake, Saturday-Saturday is when it is popping.
2. Pretty much the most standard holiday reminder. Ensure your suitcase is in the car when leaving out for the airport. We got to Standstead airport 4 man up, counted 3 suitcases and stared into the empty boot hoping it was a 'You've been punk'd' moment.
3. Don't spend too much money on your outfits. I planned my 14 outfits, for each day, each night and a few dinner looks, OOT as usual. The reality is you will be boiling at a beach or pool party most days, so a bikini top and shorts will work amazingly. Remember it is a festival and if you did as much dancing and running around as we did you do not want to be in an OOT outfit and DEFINITELY NOT HEELS. (Don't play yaself)
4. The whole festival is on Zrcé beach so wear appropriate footwear.
5. You will spend most of your time outside of your hotel or apartment so for us girls an apartment worked best. We bought food and snacks from the supermarket or grabbed food when we were out.
6. VIP OR Nah? So we got standard tickets but we made so many friends we were in VIP every night. If I did it again I would definitely get VIP tickets because it's nice to have the option to chill rather than be rubbing up on people 24/7.
7.LOCK YA DOORS , hide ya kids, hide ya wives. On our first night you can only imagine the shock when we were arguing with some guys from the safety of our apartment balcony and they ended up running through our apartment door in 5 seconds. They said and this is a quote 'You lot should be lucky you're pretty' Lol, ended up making mates but the point is it could of legit been a serious situation and our front door should've been locked at all times.
8. Don't get on a bike without a helmet. I think when you're on holiday and someone tells you a stupid thing you go with the flow and so I went with the flow and ended up in the back of a police car and a 50pound fine. Get on bikes, they're fun but wear helmets, they're safe.
9. Make sure you go to all of the events & parties, forget sleep you can sleep when you get home. We went to a pool party in the day, got in around 7pm drunk obvs and started getting ready around 9pm to go back out and get drunk again obvs.
10. Don't lose your friends. The most obvious but still undefeated the list of holiday don'ts. , literally no clue how me and Carla got lost in the sea to the point of no return. Also do not lose your friends when your other friend is meeting you that day at the apartment and you don't know what time or have any way to communicate. With that being said, you will lose your friends.
11. Save & delete your embarrassing snaps in the morning. Actual Footage.
12. Don't find a man and try not to fall in love.
13. ENJOY THE VIBES, THE PERFORMANCES AND TRY AND SEE AS MUCH OF CROATIA AS YOU CAN BECAUSE IT IS BEAUTIFUL.
Let me know your Croatia Festival experiences, was this any help to anyone? Send me some love below.
GUYS NO LIE IT IS HAIL-STONING BY THE END OF THIS POST HAHAHA. READ THE TOP. I LOVE YOU ENGLAND, THANKS MAN.
Latest style post: 'Reds and Vintage Denims' here x
With Love, Shay RS x