Hi, it's me. Back and fully committed to writing stuff for you all to read, my new post days will be Wednesday and Sunday. A friend posted this link on Facebook from Thought Catalog
so I thought, Ah-ha blog post potential. I wanted to write something persy that meant you guys could get to know me so here I am bare & candid.
50 QUESTIONS TO ASK A GIRL IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO SHE REALLY IS
1. What’s one thing that’s happened to you that has made you a stronger person?
Being a teenager, making terrible decisions yet still being able to learn from them. Moving to University growing as a person and gaining independence.
2. What’s one thing that’s happened to you in your life that made you feel weak?
Going through bad anxiety while I was at University and not being able to have control of the way my body would react to certain situations. I would tell myself I am fine yet nothing seemed fine.
3. Where is one place you feel most like yourself?
4. Where is your favorite place to escape to?
My bedroom but if I could escape to anywhere in the world it would be a quiet beach either at sunrise or sunset.
5. Who do you think has had the largest influence on the person you are today?
Definitely my Mum, I was an only child for 8 years and we did every single thing together. My mum was the type to go to all of the school trips, volunteer for everything and never ever miss a school play. I would beg to sleep in her bed even though she did my room up so cute. We would watch Julia Roberts movies like Runaway bride or My Best Friends Wedding or Crooklyn. I think that’s why we have the same sense of humour and enjoy similar things in life.
6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
My self doubt and shyness.
7. If you had one day left to live, what would you do first?
Write a letter of adoration to my loved ones.
8. What decade do you feel you most belong in?
9. Who are you closest to in your family? Why?
My Cousin Rebecca because she has been a big sister to me since I was born. Her mum is the eldest of my nan’s children and my mum is the youngest so her mum treated mine like her daughter. She taught me how to do makeup, how to do my hair, how to dress, how to talk to boys. EVERYTHING, she still does my hair, I always need her. She is my favourite person.
10. Who is the one person in this world that knows you best?
My best friend Jess, we have been best friends since we were 8 and although we do a lot of thing separately our closeness will never die. We are so similar.
11. What is your favorite quality about your best friend?
Funny I answered the last question about her. Her reliability, she will always pick up the phone, text back, be there for me, make time for me and I love knowing that I can actually count on person for anything.
12. When you were younger what did you think you were going to be when you grew up?
A teacher. I used to play school with my cousins, I was the eldest so I felt all smart, fancy and in charge. I probably got on their nerves but they went along with it.
13. If you could identify with one fictional character (from a book, show, or movie) who would it be?
Tough one, I can’t lie I'm stuck.
14. Do you easily accept compliments? Or do you hate compliments?
Can’t stand them unless it’s about my outfit or eyebrows then I’m like ‘Yeah, I know.’ Lol
15. Is your favorite attribute about yourself physical or non-physical?
16. What is your favorite physical attribute about yourself?
I like my eyebrows, skin colour and lips.
17. What is your favorite non-physical attribute about yourself?
My mind and all of the crazy ideas that pop into it.
18. Do you believe in love at first sight?
19. Do you believe in soul mates?
Yes but I believe we have more than one.
20. How seriously do you take horoscopes?
21. Have you ever been in love? How many times?
22. What makes you fall in love with someone?
Their soul. I am truly not a shallow person, my heart responds to kindness, love, honesty, openness and I don’t know, when you feel that connection that you know you can’t get anywhere else.
23. What does vulnerability mean to you? What has the ability to make you vulnerable?
Being open, being bare mentally. I am vulnerable when I trust.
24. What’s one thing you’re scared to ask a man, but really want to?
What man though? Cause I would ask my Dad why he is so forgetful and he would have probably forgotten that he is forgetful so then we would probably argue and then I'd ask ASAP Rocky if he was single so you would probably have to be more specific.
25. If you were a man for a day, what would be the first thing you do?
See how that penis thing works.
26. What do you find most attractive about each sex?
27. What’s one thing you’d love to learn more about?
The history of black people, astrology and meditation.
28. What is something you’ve never done that you’ve always wanted to do?
Learn how to swim.
29. Why haven’t you done it yet?
I’ve started but I am not quite there yet.
30. If money didn’t matter, what would your dream job be?
31. If you had off from work today, what would you do?
I am off and I am blogging, also pub later. So work hard, play hard I guess.
32. What was the last thing that made you cry?
LION. Sensational film.
33. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
I don’t recall laughing today but last night I was in tears over the Remy Ma vs. Nicki beef memes. The internet is so entertaining sometimes.
34. What is your favourite memory?
Literally being a kid in summer, riding my bike, digging up mud, [laying with my barbs and watching movies over and over and over again.
35. What’s the last thing that REALLY embarrassed you?
I can’t remember, who wants to remember embarrassment anyway. This has nothing to do with me but one time my friend screen grabbed a guys Instagram to send it to me and she accidentally sent it back to the guy hahaha.
36. What is your biggest fear?
Losing my memory.
37. Do you have any regrets? What’s your biggest one?
No, wouldn’t be the person I am now and all of the jazz but there is this T-shirt from Urban Outfitters I bought once when I had no money and was living Student life. I kept in the bag right up until the day of return and then took it back. I still think about that T until this day. I just hope it went to a good home.
38. Have you ever broken a law? If you haven’t what is one law you’d love to break?
Yeah I may have had a vodka or two before 18.
39. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Oh I sound soooo boring, actually I jumped off a train in the middle of the tracks, I also peed off of a broken down train holding on to the hand rails and crouching out on to the tracks. Two different occasions but that's as crazy as it gets for me. There was probably a mouse underneath in the tracks admiring the view.
40. Would you have a conversation with a stranger?
41. Would you tell a stranger they have toilet paper hanging from their shoe? Or their dress tucked into their underwear? (Or anything else that is embarrassing to be seen in public)?
Yes because if that was me and no told me I’d be fuming lol.
42. What’s your favorite joke?
Why did the chicken… Nah honestly I don't have one but any kind of joke that involves sarcasm usually makes me chuckle.
43. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Dogs, more loving, caring and vulnerable lol.
44. If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?
45. What’s one show, movie, or book, you’re embarrassed to admit you enjoy?
Love and hip hop, guilty pleasure but it’s trash lol.
46. How do you think your parents would describe you as a child?
Shy, mouthy and creative.
47. If you could go back to any age or time of your life, what age or time would it be?
Nah I’m good at 23, great opportunities are pending but being in secondary school was a confusing but very fun time.
48. What’s something you believe in that not everyone else does?
49. What’s one thing you would say that makes you unique from other people?
It’s not the things that makes me unique it’s the way I do the things. For example, everyone writes, everyone is sarcastic, everyone can take a photograph or put an outfit together and call it #Style but No one will do it exactly like you, or in this case me.
50. What is one thing you feel your life is missing?
Adventure but me and Imane are about to create the most amazing adventure. I’m blogging this now so if you don’t see any receipts in the next year, grill me on this.
Hope you enjoyed babies.
TODAY I dare you to be open, don't be afraid to build bonds with new people and don't be scared to remove toxic people from ya life just because you've known them for a long time. You don't need to be sorry to be you. Have a calming and wonderful Sunday.
Little old me (Shay RS) x
Read my blog post on 'Why I Love Birthdays' here.
#50questions #aboutme #bloggerqa #blogger #londonblog #candid #raw #realistic #real #lifestyleblog #bblogger #bbblogger #blackbritishblogger #blackblogger #caribbeanblogger #truth #questions #honesty #writer #londonphotographer #photography #artsy #blogpost #blackgirl #creativewriter #howtobecandid #unapologetic #potd #shayrs #dearhumanswithlove #dearhumanswithlove